WHAT IS THE TEN-4-TEN CHALLENGE?
We have an opportunity to partner with hundreds of thousands of teenagers all around the world who want to help us raise funds for clean water. Our Ten-4-Ten Challenge is a quick and easy way for young adults, who are socially invested, to make a tangible and sustainable difference in the world in which they live. This group of young people is very connected and active through the various channels of social media, and that is the connection that makes the Ten-4-Ten Challenge so smooth and successful.
5 Easy steps to complete your Ten-4-Ten Challenge:
1. Fill out the Ten-4-Ten Contact Form and submit it online.
2. A Water IS BASIC team member will contact you and arrange to send your Ten-4-Ten Challenge link via email. Once received, download and print off your Ten-4-Ten Challenge forms and you’re ready to go.
3. Contact ten of your closest friends and ask them each to donate $10 to your Ten-4-Ten Challenge (it’s that easy).
4. Then ask your ten friends to invite ten of their friends to accept the challenge, and you all become part of our WATER WARRIORS team.
5. Once your challenge is complete, collect all the donations you received and send us a check in the envelope we provide you. Then celebrate - you are now WATER WARRIORS!
5 Tips to make your challenge successful:
Tip #1: If you are a youth leader or teacher, challenge your group to each fill out one of the Ten-4-Ten forms, get everyone involved, and set your goal. A water well rehab is only $1,250 and is a fun goal to achieve.
Tip #2: Use social media to help promote your challenge; invite others to be part of your challenge by donating to your team. Have your youth group or class challenge another youth group or class to see who can raise the most money. (see Tip #3)
Tip #3: If you participate in a group challenge and your group wins, contact us, and we will send your group a cool gift to proudly display as the reigning Ten-4-Ten Challenge Winners!
Tip #4: Set a timeline that might appear too short. It helps to create a sense of urgency and excitement. Most groups who participate in a Ten-4-Ten Challenge can and should finish the challenge within a week, two at the most.
Tip #5: Have multiple Ten-4-Ten Challenges throughout the year. A new clean water well costs $7,500 to drill and is a very attainable goal for your WATER WARRIORS to achieve.